Thursday, September 29, 2005

 

Ahhhh, to take a shower......

Well, the water has been turned on in some parts of the town (yesterday evening) and some as well this evening but we still have none. It just feels like I've been camping for a few days, although somehow it feels cleaner in the woods. We just came from one such part of town and had the most wonderful shower!!!!! Thanks again!!! That should last for a few more days, but the dishes pile up anyway. I try to keep it to washing them once a day due to lack of water but I think I may have to do them this evening in case there's school in the morning, who wants to wake up to that. We are using drinking water to do the dishes, totally unheard of. This is the third day home from school, the kids are getting bored, I mean how many times can you play trouble anyway and not go bonkers. We haven't done any face painting since the first day but my face felt like it earlier. Not really wanting to cook a big meal and have more dirty dishes we warmed up leftovers, cooked hotdogs and had deep fried cod tongues and cheeks outside in the deep fryer. Here is a site I was given earlier this evening that have better pictures of the flood areas.

Comments:
The sweet smell of clean.....
 
Some great shots of Western Newfoundland. Great virtual tour!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?