Monday, September 05, 2005

 

Barachois

Well, I didn't know I had Blogger fans but apparently someone has taken the time to keep checking on my blog so I guess I had better 'Put another Blog on the Wire :) I guess the getting ready for school had me quite busy last week and I forgot to post our trip to Barachois Pond Park. We had a great weekend last weekend at the park singing and relaxing and NO rain. It all started Friday evening with everyone meeting at the park. Donny managed to get campsites again and all our ducks were in a row so to speak. We brought some Quesadillas (if that's not spelled correctly excuse me I'm not Spanish, Italian, whatever...) and Kay and Joe brought some Srumptious Scallops fried in onions and peppers, yummy!!! So we shared. Friday night brought an interesting singsong at Donny and Christine's campsite with glow sticks, sparklers and lots of treats for the kids so they could have lots of energy for frog hunting.
Saturday we had to go to town, Marigold had swimming and Mike HAD to get to that auction, (where he purchased, by the way, a General Lathe 260, he'll be turning out the woodwork now buddy) but we returned to the park in the afternoon. We went to the beach so the kids could play in the water while we relaxed. We had quite the picnic there (see pic). Donny made his famous pesto from his own herbs that he had grown and it was delicious. We had another sing song that night at the Benoit campsite. It was a fantastic night. We took several trips out in the dark, even one to the shore, to see Mars, but to no avail. Sunday we slept in and relaxed and got ready for home. It was a super spectacular weekend!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?