Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Water......no water.....water....no water......

Early morning Mike and I woke up (about4:30, 5:00 am) from a gurgling sound in our bathroom, we were so excited it was just like waiting for santa.
'Twas the night before water when all through the house,
not a creature was stirring just I in my jammies (staring at the tap) feeling like a louse.
When all of a sudden I heard such a clatta,
and I sprang to the bathroom to see what was the matta....it was a drop of water....


Today was the fourth day home from work and school due to the flooding and it was monopoly day today. I lost to my six and eight year old, I was never good with money and apparently still not good. It started to rain this morning so I put two pots on the patio to catch rainwater to wash all the dishes, including the ones in the dishwasher. After two hours of washing dishes we get a dribble from our tap.....*&%!# , it would have been enough without having to boil the pots of water I collected. However, at lunch time we all used styrofoam (no cfc's) just in case.
By around 4:30 we had good pressure especially downstairs and looked forward to getting a shower later on in the evening. We were out and when we returned at 8:30, running for our taps we discovered that the water was gone again.....

Here is a link to my flickr site with more pics of the flood.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?