Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

Christmas in the Harbour!!!!!

Well, it's all over..... Christmas that is!!! But it was a really great one. It was a time of relaxation and fun with friends and family in Burgeo. We headed down South on the 23rd of December, leaving in what to me was quite the blizzard but we knew as we drove south that it could only get better. We had snow most of the way until we got just outside of Burgeo and the weather turned milder. We were greeted with a wonderful pot of "Moose" soup, (the best bowl of soup I ever did taste) and homemade buns. Mom can sure cook it up. With our bellies full and after a long snooze......we were all ready for a Christmas in the harbour. That night we found out that the black ducks were back in the harbour and you could see them paddling about in the moonlight. My father shows the excitement of a five year old over stuff like that. I tried to get pictures of these elusive ducks but to no avail. I could never catch them in their nighttime frolicking. Where they go to in the daylight, I haven't the foggiest....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?