Saturday, January 27, 2007

 

Storms and summer vacation

Well, as I was sitting in the living room last night looking at my screensaver (which is a folder of our pictures) I realized that I took a lot of pictures last summer and never did get a chance to share them with everyone. I really don't know what happened with me and the blog but we just couldn't get it together. Even now as I type I am thinking about the things I have to do, like.....change the beds....etc.... The sun is trying to peek through the clouds outside in the midst of a blizzard warning, what's up with that? We missed the blizzard warning by one day! I don't know about you folks on PEI (Mother Goddess) but we have to have the warning for the schools to be closed. I didn't mind yesterday as we had to take James to Corner Brook for his eye appointment (which turned out to be a good one), his eyes have not gotten worse but we have to keep patching him until his next appointment in September. Oh, yeah, I have highlighted Mother Goddess because if you like reading blogs, this one certainly has a way with words (also she is Spud's daughter, for those of you who know Spud). Anyway, Ma and Pa are here and have been since Tuesday. Dad had an appointment to get his new earing aid checked and they stayed on to attend the Newfie Night at the legion tonight. We are playing 5 songs at this venue in support of the legion and Stephenville Theatre Festival. They are serving a Newfie Buffet from 7-9 and then there's music from 9-1 (let's hope it doesn't get cancelled due to weather). Mike, Dad, Marigold and James are all outside having fun in the snow (shovelling :) ). We were going to go to the Snowy Owl Classic today but it has been postponed because of the weather. The Snowy Owl Classic is a fundraiser for the Heart and Stroke Foundation where you register for $10 for family or $5 per person. There are essentially three teams, Stephenville, Kippens and Blow Me Down (from Corner Brook) and the team with the most ski length wins. I am pretty sure this is how it goes but you can check the link. I think it has been postponed until tomorrow because of weather. So we are going to sit around here all day and drink coffee and basically relax. Mom has been here all week and have kept up with the laundry and little odd jobs around the house, tanks be da God!!!! I will get those pics on some time today.

Comments:
I feel famous!! :D Thanks for the mention. :) I absolutely love reading your blog, too!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?